Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labor in vain. – Psalm 127:1
Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. – Psalm 37:4-5
Coaching can help us make internal and external changes as we seek to live in God’s kingdom. The process begins with the knowledge that as Christians, we are created to be salt and light in the world. As we reflect Christ’s character to others, we can powerfully influence them for good.
We want to live well and work well, but we are all limited by circumstances and choices that we’ve made. A Christian coach will help you identify aspects of your life you want to change, support those changes as they’re happening, and serve as both guide and audience for your action plan.
Making improvements to your life can be a spiritual battle, and a Christian coach aims to be a light in the darkness to help you spiritually discern the best steps to take in light of God’s Word.
The Christian coaches at Culver City Christian Counselling break the process down into the following components:
- Action – planning, implementing, and assessment of results
- Accountability – guidance throughout the process
- Follow-through – reviewing the outcome afterward and continuing the evaluation of other action plans
As a client, you’ll have a chance to answer questions that can prompt critical thinking about the changes you’re hoping to make. These questions can include topics like:
- Your vision and mission for your future
- How organizational thinking benefits you
- The direction you want to go in the future
- Who you want to be in the future
- The realistic goals you can set for both the near and distant future
- Areas of your life in which you’ve already achieved success
As you verbally process your answers to these questions, your coach will be able to build a framework that will encourage you to reach for feasible solutions. During the process of change, your Christian coach will provide feedback and accountability. This ongoing coaching relationship will help you follow through with your action plan and accomplish your goals.