Christian Anxiety Counseling in Culver City
It’s certainly not unusual to get stressed out. It’s a normal part of life and can usually be worked through fairly easily. But some individuals experience stress and anxiety on a regular basis and find that it greatly limits their capability to function to their potential.
Do you feel nervous or overwhelmed? Do you obsess about situations until you feel you are spiraling out of control? If so, there’s a good chance you are wrestling with an anxiety condition. Being overly stressed can harm you – physically and mentally. It can also negatively affect the relationship you have with God and also with other people.
Don’t compromise and take less of a life than what you could have. Tired of the endless struggle? Our Christ-focused anxiety counselors are here to help you quieten the storms that rage in your mind so you can proceed with getting your life back and live the life God designed you to live.
If you are finding anxiety is ruling your life, reach out to Culver City Christian Counseling today.We are available to help you. To set up an appointment, call one of the Christ-centered counselors in our counselor directory, or contact us at (949) 386-7179.
Get Connected With a Christian Counselor
Contact Stacie at reception
Christ-Based Counseling For Anxiety Relief
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
If you have issues with anxiety, the last thing you need is for someone to tell you to just “get over it”. Even Christians who advise you to let go of your problems and let God handle them can be problematic, though well-meaning. But in Christian counseling for anxiety at our center, we allow you to work on your anxiety at the pace you set. Our helpful counselors are passionate about using highly-effective techniques and combinations of techniques which equip you with the tools you need to experience true relief from anxiety. We also ensure that you have a treatment plan which is best for your individual kind of anxiety, your personal belief system,and your specific goals.
To some individuals, living with high anxiety seems almost normal, as if it’s something they will simply have to deal with. Others feel they should have the ability to control the symptoms without realizing they actually have a true disorder and that anxiety disorders are one of the most prevalent mental health issues within the United States.
Over 40 million adults in America suffer from anxiety disorders. It is one of the most widespread mental illness in the nation.
Symptoms of anxiety disorders include:
- Uncontrollable fear, thoughts, or worry.
- Feelings of danger lurking or dread.
- Racing heartbeat.
- Feeling dizzy or suffocated.
- Powerless feelings.
- Trouble focusing and concentrating.
The exact symptoms of anxiety differ. We treat each case individually according to the type of disorder that is present. Each case has different effects but our counselors are well trained in the varieties of anxiety disorders. They know the best way of treating them and work with each case individually.
Kinds of anxiety disorders our center treats:
- Anxiety disorder that is generalized.
- Hoarding disorder.
- Anxiety disorder of the social nature.
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder.
- Panic disorder.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Phobias that are specific in nature.
Many individuals enter into Christian counseling not knowing what kind of anxiety that they actually have; they only know that they are sick and tired of being overwhelmed and not being able to experience life as they could be. We can assist you in finding the root cause of your problem, teach you about your specific disorder, and help you pinpoint options for treatment that are best for your personal situation.
Faith-Centered Anxiety Treatment
Is this not the fast that I have chosen: To loose the bonds of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, to let the oppressed go free, and that you break every yoke? – Isaiah 58:6
Our Christian counselors provide a place that is safe and secure where you can heal from your wounds, do away with your worries and ultimately find peace. Each one offers their unique recovery methods yet all have the mutual goal of assisting you in overcoming your anxiety in order for you to experience a happy and healthy life as God intended for you – completely connected with others as well as yourself and above all, with Him.
In general, the majority of people respond quite well to therapeutic measures for anxiety. A Psychiatric Times survey stated that around 60% of all who go to therapy respond favorably, and approximately one-third reach a full recovery as a result of it.
Studies have shown the effectiveness of methods of evidence-based counseling in treatment for anxiety, even for those who have attempted counseling before and were not happy with it. At our counseling center, we blend these priceless tools with the patience, healing and overall teachings of Christ for optimized results. In the event that you need medication for your anxiety, our Christ-focused psychiatric providers are able to help you in that area too.
Christ-centered anxiety counseling allows you to:
- Gain a more clear understanding of your unique anxiety issue.
- Identify the causes that are at the root level.
- Develop an individualized plan of recovery.
- Learn methods of controlling your negative behaviors, thoughts, and feelings.
- If necessary, explore the possibility of medication expectations.
- Acquirethe skills which can help you in making wiser choices and forming healthier relationships.
- Implement faith as a foundation for healing.
- Get the support you will need to have a lasting recovery.
As a group of counselors who are Christian, we feel honored to have witnessed the transformation of so many lives. We take a holistic approach to the healing of the spirit, body, and mind in order to reach permanent solutions for the relief of anxiety.
Christian Anxiety Counseling: What To Expect
These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world, you will have tribulation, but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world. – John 16:33
Where stress and anxiety are concerned, you may turn to worldly things for comfort which are not healthy and can easily make the situation worse. Our Christian counselors rely on their Christian faith for healing and true peace. Anxiety can be damaging to your health so it is imperative for you to seek help as soon as you can. It is much more likely for individuals with anxiety to be placed in the hospital due to psychiatric problems and have a higher rate of doctor’s visits too.
If you are apprehensive about going to counseling, don’t worry –it’s completely normal to feel that way. We hope you will schedule an initial session here at our Christian counseling center, risk-free, in order to get a feel for what it is like so you can decide if it is a good fit for you. We are happy to answer any questions you may have and to address any concerns. There will be an opportunity for you to introduce about your life story and to let us know your recovery goals as well. Our counseling for anxiety can vary, based on your individual needs.
Therapies for anxiety include:
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy – CBT is designed to help you with becoming more alert to your emotions, feelings, and thoughts as well as identifying the triggers of your anxiety. As you become more in tune with these feelings and facts, you are able to better understand them and control your behaviors as well as your emotions.
- Psychodynamic Therapy – In this therapy, it is the root of your issue that is being examined. You explore your underlying issues and get to know yourself on a deeper level. Working on issues within your past like parental relationships as well as relationships you are in currently help to explain causes of the anxiety you are under so you can work through them and advance forward.
- Exposure Therapy – With this type of therapy you are able to lower your level of anxiety and fear-based responses because you are actually being exposed to the trigger of your stress which helps you become less sensitive to it. It is a great therapy for phobias and OCD.
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy – The technique of DBT works on the principle that thoughts and emotions can be managed by learning skills which enable you to find healthy ways to deal with emotions that are unwanted or negative.
- Reprocessing and Desensitization though Eye Movement– The EMDR type of therapy offers useful techniques for learning to deal with anxiety and stress as you are working to change up the way you very brain is processing information. This enables you to deal with stress and difficult situations better and is excellent for phobias and panic disorders.
- Group Therapy – In Group counseling where anxiety is concerned, a net of safety and a place of solace sets a backdrop for you to give and receive support from individuals who are much like yourself.
To find the most beneficial Christian counselor that is well suited for you, be sure you reach out to a professional who is trained in treating anxiety disorders. These counselors are experts when it comes to various kinds of therapy for stress and anxiety and are familiar with how exactly to help you get the most out of your sessions.
It is very important to find a Christian counselor who is a good match for you and who is well trained in the area of anxiety treatment. We specialize in many areas of anxiety therapy and are pros at helping you maximize the results of each of your visits.
More of what you can expect from Christian counseling for anxiety conditions:
A safe and secure spot where you will find that you can express yourself without fear and can get educated about your individual type of anxiety, and attain recovery tools.
Highly-trained Christian help through counselors who are trained to treat all forms of anxiety disorders through the implementation of very effective treatment methods.
Athriving environment where you will find that your faith is fully supported, and is implemented as a fundamental element of your ultimate recovery process.
Client-centered and faith-based counseling which is devoted to assisting you with reaching your maximum potential while embracing your values, goals, and needs.
At our Culver City Christian Counseling, we hold to faith in your behalf. We are passionate about your recovery from anxiety. Through faith and dedication, our devoted counselors walk with you and help you move out of your depression into a whole and fulfilled life. You don’t have to live with anxiety another minute. Experience victory now.
Take charge of your life today.Reach out to us for an initial visit with no risk.
Get Connected With a Christian Counselor
Contact Stacie at reception